Sunday, August 1, 2010

preparing the right mindset.



since i believe that my invincible-ness is on the decline, i am starting to try and prepare myself for this so called culture shock. i have begun to try and ease myself into the asian way of life by performing small tasks that will most likely go a long way. examples include: using chopsticks, playing chinese rosetta stone, looking at house pets as meals, using the phrase "xie xie" whenever possible, and last, but not least, jamming to asian pop music. this last task has obviously been my favorite seeing that asians have great taste in music. this little exercise has also allowed me to peruse the market, seeing that i am going abroad solely to find an asian pop star boyfriend. i have decided to share my all time favorite asian pop song, introduced to me by the wonderful gao. i am now averaging about 17 views a day (increasing weekly), in an effort to try and pre-immerse myself in the asian culture. enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment