Monday, September 6, 2010

progress on the homefront.

so i am currently in the process of attempting to create a witty post about my trip along the silk road, it is proving to be very difficult. its seems the silk road may have sucked away all my wit. too bad thats impossible. but i have made some progress on the asian pop star front and i figured that alone deserves an update.

since we were all ecstatic to be back in beijing, we decided to treat ourselves to a nice night out. we went to a bar in the bar district of sanlitun. and ordered fun drinks, wine, and champagne. whenever my friend, ross, is drunk he insists on buying large amounts of champagne and does not let anyone else pay for it. i guess you could say i enjoy hanging out with him, only when he's drunk of course. so we all got a wittle drunk and hung out at the bar being loud and obnoxious americans, obviously.

one thing led to another and a 24 year beijing artist, kenneth, decided to buy us a $100 USD bottle of wine for us, i did not complain. this man has lived in beijing for the past 5 years. he was african american and grew up in california and lived two streets away from me in new york this summer, we could have been friends. he has lots of shows in the US and Beijing. he was great. he then introduced us to his two friends: bryan, an fabulous african american man who basically owned the bar we were drinking at, and cooper, A REAL LIFE ASIAN POP STAR. least to say last night was the best night of my life.

he told me his chinese name about three bajillion times, good thing i don't remember it. his agent also gave me his card, good thing i lost it. he was a cute, asian man named cooper. i think i was in love. he was so great. cooper and kenneth told me i was hen piao liang, which means very beautiful. duh. they asked me about my heritage and were very interested and then continued to shower me with compliments, which i had no problem with, obviously. so basically i got a marriage proposal from an asian pop star last night, too bad i forgot his name. that would have been such a beautiful marriage. just my luck.

luckily, i am staring to enjoy china more and more each day. and my search for my asian popstar husband to bring back to america looks very, very promising.

1 comment: